Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/isdn')
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 28 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/isdn/README.gigaset b/Documentation/isdn/README.gigaset
index 9b1ce277ca3d..f6184b637182 100644
@@ -48,9 +48,8 @@ GigaSet 307x Device Driver
- The driver works with the Kernel CAPI subsystem as well as the old
- ISDN4Linux subsystem, so it can be used with any software which is able
- to use CAPI 2.0 or ISDN4Linux for ISDN connections (voice or data).
+ The driver works with the Kernel CAPI subsystem and can be used with any
+ software which is able to use CAPI 2.0 for ISDN connections (voice or data).
There are some user space tools available at
@@ -92,7 +91,7 @@ GigaSet 307x Device Driver
gigaset debug debug level (see section 3.2.)
startmode initial operation mode (see section 2.5.):
- bas_gigaset ) 1=ISDN4linux/CAPI (default), 0=Unimodem
+ bas_gigaset ) 1=CAPI (default), 0=Unimodem
usb_gigaset ) cidmode initial Call-ID mode setting (see section
2.5.): 1=on (default), 0=off
@@ -154,18 +153,10 @@ GigaSet 307x Device Driver
- If the driver is compiled with CAPI support (kernel configuration option
- GIGASET_CAPI) the devices will show up as CAPI controllers as soon as the
- corresponding driver module is loaded, and can then be used with CAPI 2.0
- kernel and user space applications. For user space access, the module
- capi.ko must be loaded.
- Legacy ISDN4Linux applications are supported via the capidrv
- compatibility driver. The kernel module capidrv.ko must be loaded
- explicitly with the command
- modprobe capidrv
- if needed, and cannot be unloaded again without unloading the driver
- first. (These are limitations of capidrv.)
+ The devices will show up as CAPI controllers as soon as the
+ corresponding driver module is loaded, and can then be used with
+ CAPI 2.0 kernel and user space applications. For user space access,
+ the module capi.ko must be loaded.
Most distributions handle loading and unloading of the various CAPI
modules automatically via the command capiinit(1) from the capi4k-utils
@@ -173,16 +164,6 @@ GigaSet 307x Device Driver
Gigaset drivers because it doesn't support more than one module per
- If the driver is compiled without CAPI support (native ISDN4Linux
- variant), it registers the device with the legacy ISDN4Linux subsystem
- after loading the module. It can then be used with ISDN4Linux
- applications only. Most distributions provide some configuration utility
- for setting up that subsystem. Otherwise you can use some HOWTOs like
2.5. Unimodem mode
In this mode the device works like a modem connected to a serial port
@@ -281,8 +262,7 @@ GigaSet 307x Device Driver
number. Dialing "***" (three asterisks) calls all extensions
simultaneously (global call).
- This holds for both CAPI 2.0 and ISDN4Linux applications. Unimodem mode
- does not support internal calls.
+ Unimodem mode does not support internal calls.
2.8. Unregistered Wireless Devices (M101/M105)