Diffstat (limited to 'mm')
1 files changed, 14 insertions, 14 deletions
diff --git a/mm/userfaultfd.c b/mm/userfaultfd.c
index e14b3820c6a8..63a73e164d55 100644
@@ -360,38 +360,38 @@ out:
* If a reservation for the page existed in the reservation
* map of a private mapping, the map was modified to indicate
* the reservation was consumed when the page was allocated.
- * We clear the PagePrivate flag now so that the global
+ * We clear the HPageRestoreReserve flag now so that the global
* reserve count will not be incremented in free_huge_page.
* The reservation map will still indicate the reservation
* was consumed and possibly prevent later page allocation.
* This is better than leaking a global reservation. If no
- * reservation existed, it is still safe to clear PagePrivate
- * as no adjustments to reservation counts were made during
- * allocation.
+ * reservation existed, it is still safe to clear
+ * HPageRestoreReserve as no adjustments to reservation counts
+ * were made during allocation.
* The reservation map for shared mappings indicates which
* pages have reservations. When a huge page is allocated
* for an address with a reservation, no change is made to
- * the reserve map. In this case PagePrivate will be set
- * to indicate that the global reservation count should be
+ * the reserve map. In this case HPageRestoreReserve will be
+ * set to indicate that the global reservation count should be
* incremented when the page is freed. This is the desired
* behavior. However, when a huge page is allocated for an
* address without a reservation a reservation entry is added
- * to the reservation map, and PagePrivate will not be set.
- * When the page is freed, the global reserve count will NOT
- * be incremented and it will appear as though we have leaked
- * reserved page. In this case, set PagePrivate so that the
- * global reserve count will be incremented to match the
- * reservation map entry which was created.
+ * to the reservation map, and HPageRestoreReserve will not be
+ * set. When the page is freed, the global reserve count will
+ * NOT be incremented and it will appear as though we have
+ * leaked reserved page. In this case, set HPageRestoreReserve
+ * so that the global reserve count will be incremented to
+ * match the reservation map entry which was created.
* Note that vm_alloc_shared is based on the flags of the vma
* for which the page was originally allocated. dst_vma could
* be different or NULL on error.
BUG_ON(copied < 0);